Provisional Agenda for the Twelfth Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC)
September 15, 2005
The following is the provisional agenda for the Twelfth Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee, which is to be convened at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 24, 2005, in the Meeting Hall at the Fund's Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Adoption of Agenda
- The Global Economy and Financial Markets—Outlook, Risks, and Policy Responses
- IMF Objectives and Medium-Term Strategy1
- Strengthening IMF Support for Low-Income Countries—Instruments; Financing; and Debt Relief
- IMF surveillance, crisis prevention, and capacity building; use of IMF resources2
- Progress with crisis resolution initiatives
- IMF quotas and voice2
- IMF program on combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism2
- Activities of the Independent Evaluation Office3
- Other Business
- Press Communiqué
1 The Managing Director will provide a report to the IMFC on this topic.
2 The Managing Director's report to the IMFC on the IMF's Policy Agenda will cover the topics under these items.
3 Progress reports on these topics will be provided.