The mission of the Procurement organization in the IMF is to provide value added, strategic procurement services with the goal of minimizing total cost of ownership on goods and services to the world's pre-eminent organization for international monetary cooperation. Procurement specialists partner with Fund departments to promote best practices and realize productivity improvements.
The IMF is renowned for providing its staff with interesting and challenging work, a friendly and diverse culture, and superior job benefits. Work in the Procurement organization offers all of this and more:
- We promote a culture of respect, openness, and transparency
- We support ongoing development to provide staff with challenging growth opportunities
- We believe that staff's sourcing and procurement expertise needs to be complemented by equally strong interpersonal, leadership, influencing and communication skills
- We believe that our staff should be well-rounded with skills that enable them to add value in multiple areas of the Fund both within and beyond Procurement.
- We believe in maturing our processes and improving performance through active support of communities of practice (for example, strategic sourcing, supplier performance management)
We believe in measuring our performance in terms of outcomes, outputs and user satisfaction, and transparently reporting on performance to stakeholders across the IMF.
The Procurement Division is actively seeking well qualified Procurement and Supply Management professionals with the experience to take on the most complex and challenging procurement problems. These professionals will make an important contribution to the work and operations of the Fund.
Specifically, we are looking for people who:
- Come from diverse backgrounds
- Are self-motivated, performance-driven
- Have the ability to plan strategically and implement tactically
- Have experience leading complex procurements for large, operationally critical spend categories
- Have skills in strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract negotiations
- Believe in "staying in school" to maintain and expand skills to rise to new challenges
- Want to be part of a dedicated team of top-notch professionals providing strategic procurement services