The Research Assistant Program (RAP) is intended for recently graduated BA students from leading universities with superior academic records who would like to gain useful work experience before pursuing further studies or moving on to other employment opportunities. RAP participants mainly support the operational and policy work of Fund economists.
RAP participants may be asked to:
- Research, collect and compile information
- Maintain and update quantitative and qualitative economic, financial, or statistical databases
- Process, consolidate, and transform data sets within and between databases using statistical and/or econometric techniques
- Evaluate economic, financial or statistical relationships in databases
- Analyze economic time series data
- Design systems to facilitate interfaces or to transfer data between external and in-house databases
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in economics, computer science, statistics, math, or business administration is required
- Candidates should have at least a 3.5 GPA (cumulative) in both their principal field of study and in their overall program.
- Final academic transcripts must be submitted prior to appointment.
Appointments are limited to two years and the Program participants are expected to leave the Fund at the end of the two year period.
Research Assistants meeting different qualification criteria can be hired outside the scope of the RAP. More information can be found under Research Assistants (Economics).