- Key Issues
- Low-Income Countries
Where IMF Loans Are Going
The authorities’ new three-year program underpins Senegal’s longer-term goal of attaining emerging-economy status by 2035.
The disbursement under the Fund’s Rapid Credit Facility and the purchase under the Rapid Financing Instrument are intended to help Vanuatu cope with its immediate balance-of-payments needs rising from the damage caused by Category-five Cyclone Pam.
The program focuses on improving the policy framework by addressing governance and security issues, strengthening budgetary transparency as well as public investment and debt management, and improving compilation of statistics.
The funds will support the authorities fight against the Ebola outbreak
Need to Know
Provides grants for debt relief for countries that are hit by catastrophic natural or public health disasters
Amid signs of success, there's more money and new instruments
A two-step process to free resources for social spending
Price spikes, natural disasters, conflicts are all covered
Designed to guide the borrowing decisions of low-income countries
Who Said That?
An Address by Deputy Managing Director Min Zhu, Ethiopia
An Address by the Managing Director at the The Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.
An Address by the Managing Director at the University of the West Indies Mona, Jamaica
An Address by the First Deputy Managing Director at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
IMF Response to the Ebola Crisis
- IMF and MDBs joint platform FIN4Dev
- Harnessing data
- FfD and the way forward
- MDGs factsheet
- News LIC: A Newsletter of the IMF on Low-Income Countries
- Blog: How Low-Income Countries Can Diversify and Grow
- Video: The Challenge of Exiting from Fragility
- Video: Frontier Asia on the Rise
- Podcast: Breaking Through the Low-Income Ceiling
- Podcast: Paul Collier on Undoing the Resource Curse
- Distribution of US$2.7 Billion in Remaining Windfall Gold Sales
Research & Publications
- Sub-Saharan African Businesses Must Produce More Jobs to Fulfill the Region’s Promise
- Reducing Informality
- The Economic Impact of IMF-Supported Programs in Low-Income Countries
- Macro Research for Development
- The Elusive Quest for Inclusive Growth: Growth, Poverty, and Inequality in Asia
- Regional Economic Outlook: Sub-Saharan Africa