- Targeting Performance Under Self-Selection and Administrative Targeting Methods
Economic Development and Cultural Change, 57(3), pp559-587, April, 2009.
- What Do (and Don't) We Know about the Value Added Tax? A Review of Richard M. Bird and Pierre-Pascal Gendron's The VAT in Developing and Transitional Countries
Journal of Economic Literature, Vol. 47, No. 1, March 2009
- Natural resource endowments and the domestic revenue effort
European Journal of Political Economy
- Gauging by Numbers: A First Attempt to Measure the Quality of Public Finances in the EU
European Economy. Economic Papers 382. August 2009. European Commission. Brussels
- Politically Optimal Fiscal Policy
- Yet Another View on Why a Home is One's Castle
Real Estate Economics, Vol. 37, Issue 1, pp. 23-41
- High and Volatile Treasury Yields in Tanzania: The Role of Strategic Bidding and Auction Microstructure
South African Journal of Economics, Vol. 77, Issue 2, pp. 257-281
- "El Annus Horribilis y Las Finanzas Publicas"
Revista Consejeros (March 2009)
- Independent Fiscal Agencies
Journal of Economic Surveys, Vol. 23, Issue 1, February 2009
- Effect of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
World Development, Volume 37, Issue 1, January 2009, pages 104-115
- Institutions and the External Capital Structure of Countries
Journal of International Money and Finance (Vol. 28. No. 3, 2009, pp. 367-391)
- Poland: Stabilization, Transition, Reform, 1990-91
in Brau, Eduard, and Ian MacDonald (eds.), 2009, Successes of the International Monetary Fund: Untold Stories of Cooperation at Work, Hampshire, England: Palgrave MacMillan
- Capital Income Taxation and Economic Growth in Open Economies.
International Tax and Public Finance, December 2008, Vol. 15, pp. 668-692.
- VAT, tariffs, and withholding: Border taxes and informality in developing countries
Journal of Public Economics, Issues 10-11, Vol. 92, October 2008
- The Flat Tax(es): Principles and Experience
International Tax and Public Finance, December 2008, Vol. 15, pp. 712-751
- Economic Integration and the relationship between profit and wage taxes
Public Choice (2009) 138: 423–446
- Human Capital Expenditures for the Poor and Social Safety Nets
in Fan, Shenngen (ed.), 2008, Public Expenditures, Growth, and Poverty: Lessons for Developing Countries. Published for the International Food Policy Research Institute. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Post-Conflict Countries: Strategy for Rebuilding Fiscal Institutions
in Addison, Tony, and Tilman Bruck (eds.), 2008, Making Peace Work: The Challenges of Social and Economic Reconstruction. Studies in Development Economics and Policy series. Hampshire, England: Palgrave Macmillan
- Pension Reform and Financial Markets: Encouraging Household Savings fro Retirement
in Holtzmann, R., L. MacKellar, and J. Rapansek (eds.), 2009, Pension Reform in South-Eastern Europe: Linking to Labor and Financial Market Reforms World Bank and Center for Excellence in Finance, Washington DC.