Capacity Development in Latin America and the Caribbean and the Way Forward
- The EU and the IMF: Strategic Partners in Promoting Sustainable Capacity Development
- Barbados Government Pledges Continued Support for the IMF's Caribbean Regional Technical Assistance Center
- European Union and International Monetary Fund sign a new Framework Administrative Agreement for Capacity Development Cooperation
- Technical Assistance Annual Reports 2015
- Technical Assistance Strategy Update 2014-17
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program
- IMF Policies and Practices
- Institute Publications
- Technical assistance country reports
- STA at a Glance 2015
- Statistical Guides and Manuals
- Statistical Data
- Data Standards Initiative
- iMFdirect Blogs
Bilateral & multilateral donors are playing an increasingly important role in enabling the IMF to strengthen the human and institutional capacity of its member countries. Their contributions now finance about one half of the IMF's delivery of technical assistance & training. Learn more about IMF partners in capacity development
How do member countries request Technical Assistance?
The IMF helps its member countries design economic policies and manage their financial affairs more effectively by strengthening their human and institutional capacity through technical assistance and training.
Where are we located?
This interactive map provides a global view of our training and technical assistance centers, and regional training programs. Click on the map to find out about each designated location.
| Regional Training Center (RTC) |
Regional Training Program (RTP)
Regional Technical Assistance Center (RTAC)
An overview for each of the IMF's training centers, programs, and other training venues.
Thanks to a new partnership with edX, the nonprofit online learning initiative founded by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the IMF started offering economics courses online to officials from around the world to complement its traditional training delivery.
Technical Assistance and Training Centers
RTACs: Regional technical assistance centers in Africa, the Caribbean, Central America, the Middle East and the Pacific.
RTCs/RTPs: An extensive network of regional training centers (RTCs) and programs (RTPs) offer hands-on, policy-oriented training in macroeconomics, finance, and related operational fields.
Topical Trust Funds (TTF): Topical trust funds support global IMF technical assistance on specialized thematic areas and complement the work of the IMF's regional technical assistance centers and other IMF technical assistance.