Integrated Correspondence System (ICS)
A Secure Electronic Tool for Reporting Country Data to the IMF via the WebLast Updated: May 19, 2009
The Integrated Correspondence System (ICS) is a web-based data reporting system developed by the IMF Statistics Department (STA) for use by country data reporters. The ICS provides data reporters with an efficient method of sending data to STA in a secure Internet environment using Excel.
The web-based ICS was designed as a more effective alternative to a paper-based system of reporting data to the IMF for publication. ICS has many benefits over paper-based reporting:
- Reported data are transmitted instantly, securely and electronically.
- Reported data may be viewed in a timely fashion.
- The process is standardized and automated.
- It is Web-based. No more paper forms to complete and mail.
ICS also has benefits over e-mail-based reporting:
- Secure transmission (https:// vs. http://).
- Ability to view previously reported data as the data exist in internal IMF databases.
- Receive screen confirmation immediately upon successful tranmission of report form.
In this connection, country data reporters are encouraged by the Statistics Department to use ICS for their data reporting activities. The services available in ICS are as follows:
- Download data for reporting and/or viewing.
- Submit data using Excel-based report forms.
- Access news and reporting schedules.
Obtain support directly from the Statistics Department of the International Monetary Fund.
Data reporters in member countries can be ICS Users as long as they are nominated by their respective Official Correspondent to submit data electronically via the ICS.
An Official Correspondent is a person designated by the member country as being responsible for overseeing its data reporting to the IMF Statistics Department for International Financial Statistics (IFS), Balance of Payments Statistics Yearbook, Direction of Trade Statistics, and/or Government Finance Statistics Yearbook.
Please click here for the list of available report forms.
The software and hardware requirements for the ICS follow:
- A computer with a connection to the Internet;
- A web browser, preferably Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0 (or higher);
- Microsoft Excel 2000 or higher; and
- E-mail account (Shared e-mail accounts cannot be accepted)