IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (OAP)
Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia (JISPA)
Application for the 2013-14 academic year is closed.
Application for the 2014-15 academic year will open in September 2013.
JISPA Online Application Flow
Thank you for your interest in the Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia (JSIPA). Prior to starting the JISPA online application, please read the online application flow:
- 1. Confirm eligibility criteria: Please read the application guidelines with great care and confirm if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- 2. Submit Pre-registration request for the JISPA online application: You are requested to enter your name as in passport and encouraged to pre-register with your email address of your work agency. You will receive an automatic notification with a link to the JISPA online application system within one business day* of the registration request. Kindly note that this pre-registration approval does not mean that you meet all the JISPA eligibility criteria.
*Business day is based on EST, and closed on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays in the U.S.
- 3. Complete the JISPA online application system: Please download a sample application form and review it before entering the information requested online. Please follow the typing tips below as well as instructions provided in the online application.
- Please capitalize the first letter in the field and make all the other letters lower case when typing, e.g.: Last Name: Nguyen
- Please capitalize the first letter in each part of the NAME, if it consists of more than one word, e.g.: Department: Department of Macroeconomic Policy
- If a field is not relevant to the applicant, please leave it BLANK (do NOT type N/A for this field)- OTHER THAN for required fields. In the case where you have only a single name, please type this name in the field of “Last Name” and then input N/A in the "First name": field.
- If you are from a branch office, please type the name of the branch office in the field of “Department”. Then, the department of the branch office should be entered in the field of "Division".
- 4. Receive and download a PDF version of your application form: You will receive a PDF version of your application by email within one business day of the completion of the online application.
- 5. Print out PDF version of the application form. Mail the copy of the application form with other requested materials no later than December 10, 2012. Please see a checklist for details.
If you review the application flow, please pre-register yourself on the JISPA online application system.