IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (OAP)
Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia (JISPA)
JISPA partnership-track application for AY2015-16 is now closed (Application Deadline: December 1, 2015)
JISPA Online Application Flow
Thank you for your interest in the Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia (JSIPA). Prior to starting the JISPA online application, please read the online application flow:
1. Confirm eligibility criteria: Please read the application guidelines with great care and confirm if you meet the eligibility criteria.
2. Complete the JISPA online application system: You are requested to enter your name as in passport and encouraged to register with your email address of your work agency. Please download a sample application form and review it before entering the information requested online.
Please prepare each file of your portrait photo and a research proposal, which you will be requested to upload in the online application system. Please prepare all the necessary information required in the application form, as well as the files of your photo and research proposal, you are requested to complete entering the information at one sitting.
Please follow the typing tips below as well as instructions provided in the online application.
- Please capitalize the first letter in the field and make all the other letters lower case when typing, e.g.: Last Name: Nguyen
- Please capitalize the first letter in each part of the NAME, if it consists of more than one word, e.g.: Department: Department of Macroeconomic Policy
- If a field is not relevant to the applicant, please leave it BLANK (do NOT type N/A for this field)- OTHER THAN for required fields. In the case where you have only a single name, please type this name in the field of "Last Name" and then input N/A in the "First name": field.
- If you are from a branch office, please type the name of the branch office in the field of "Department". Then, the department of the branch office should be entered in the field of "Division".
3. Print out your application information BEFORE SUBMISSION: Once you have entered all the information required, please review it with great care. If the information is correct, please click the "Print Responses" button to print out your application information before submission. Kindly note that the format of the printed version of the online application differs from the sample application form.
4. Complete the online application: To complete the online application, please click the "Submit" button. Kindly be advised that you will NOT be able to change or print out the information after submission.
5. Mail the copy of the application form (the above-mentioned section 3) with other requested materials so that your application package can reach our office no later than December 1, 2015. Please see a checklist for further details.
NOTE: Your application for the JISPA can only be processed when both your online application has been submitted, and when the printed copy of your application and other requested materials have been received by the IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in Tokyo, Japan.
Once you have completed the above stage, please proceed to the online application.