The international Monetary Fund is pleased to announce the results of the 2010 video contest.
The winners are:
Morad Salah Youssef ABDELHALIM
|Abdelfatah AIT AMMI
|Tahir G. JAVED
The economic future depends on YOU, the next generation, stepping up and creating sources of growth in the global economy. It is critical that the IMF engage young people in decision-making to support the recovery and create sustainable growth. The consequences of these efforts will shape YOUR future and the world YOU inherit.
The IMF continues to engage Voices and Visions from the Next Generation of World Leaders by launching this Video Contest. This contest will allow young people across the Middle East, Pakistan, and North Africa to directly engage us on the issues of greatest concern to them.
The Contest is aimed at getting YOU involved by making a movie on "What are the keys to economic progress in your country?"
PRIZE FOR WINNER
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
You have be eligible;
Be a YouTube member;
Read carefully the requirements below;
Upload FIRST the video to your YouTube account; Click here for more details on how to add a Video Response
Then go to "Tell the IMF Your Story Video" and add it as a REPLY;
** This information will be treated confidentially: ** Send us your contact information: Name, a valid Email, and the title of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vote* other videos. The best video should be based on compelling content, originality and creativity.
Frequently Asked Questions
CONTEST PERIOD ** ENDED **
|UPLOAD your videos||Contest begins: June 15, 2010|
|Deadline for submissions: September 30, 2010|
|YOUTUBE COMMUNITY VOTING PERIOD||Start Voting on October 1, 2010|
|Voting Ends on October 20, 2010|
|JUDGING TO SELECT FINALISTS||October 30, 2010|
|The WINNERS will be ANNOUNCED||November 15, 2010|
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
From the Middle East, North Africa or Pakistan; (Youth from the region and living abroad can participate)
26 years2 or less at the time of entry;
IMF staff not eligible to enter (IMF Family members can participate in the contest).
The Video should:
Be your OWN;
Be less than 3 minutes (max 80MB);
Focus on the subject of the contest;
Have a proof of legal use of any copyrighted material. You may use Copyrights and royal FREE Sites for your video (Example: Royalty Free World Music, Free Royalty Free Stock Music for Education);
Be in one of the following formats: MPEG, AVI, FLV, or WMV, you may use these softwares to edit your video:
Be In English, French or Arabic;
Follow the IMF terms and conditions1
If a winner does not respond within 7 days to the IMF notification, the next qualified participant will be selected.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the contest, visit www.youtube.com/VideoContest (the “Contest Site”) and follow the instructions for submitting a video. The video must meet the “Video Requirements”.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries are void if they are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, do not meet the “Video Requirements Section”, and/or late.
All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and finalists and/or the winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that email address. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email address for the domain.
1. It must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, sexual, profane, indecent, violent, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the contest.
2. It must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable country laws and regulations including copyright laws of any country where video is created.
3. It must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, and trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the contest, as determined by the IMF, in its sole discretion.
4. It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
5. It cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
By submitting an entry in the contest, you will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions on the contest set out above.