Spring Meetings 2002: Documents related to the IMFC Meeting
International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC)
April 15, 2002
Provisional Agenda for the April 20, 2002 Meeting
There follows the provisional agenda for the Fifth Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee, which is to be convened on Saturday, April 20, 2002, at the Fund's Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The meeting will begin with a lunch for IMFC members in Room 2-530 at 12:30 p.m.
1. Adoption of Agenda
2. The Global Economy1
- The outlook, risks, and vulnerabilities
- Policy responses
3. The IMF's Policy Agenda2
- Strengthening crisis prevention and resolution3
- IMF surveillance and crisis prevention
- Framework for crisis resolution2
- The IMF's role in low-income countries3
- Review of the PRSP process; PRGF; HIPC; and moving forward from Monterrey
- Streamlining conditionality and enhancing ownership3
4. Combating Money-Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism4
5. Other Business5
6. Press Communiqué
1 The Economic Counsellor will make a presentation, followed by remarks by the Managing Director.
2 The lunch will provide an opportunity for an informal exchange of views among IMFC members on the Fund's role in the framework for crisis resolution and the experience in particular countries, and for comments on other issues, including quotas.
3 The Managing Director will provide reports to the IMFC.
4 A joint Fund/Bank interim progress report will be provided.
5 A brief progress report on the Independent Evaluation Office will be provided.