Library and Archives
The mission of Information Services in the IMF is to provide quality library services to IMF and World Bank economists in support of the Fund's mission of international monetary cooperation and the World Bank's mission to end poverty. Information Services also provides a world-class archive that enables the global community to access the IMF's institutional memory from anywhere, as well as a vigorous records management program to assure the capture and preservation of that memory.
- Deliver library content in finance, economics, banking, and country political risk electronically to the desktops of staff worldwide and support the use of those resources with outreach, training, and reference services
- Develop and deliver innovative library products and services to accommodate the changing information needs of both IMF and World Bank staff worldwide.
- Provide staff with the policies, guidelines, and tools to effectively manage institutional business records.
- Assure the accessibility of the Fund's history through the organization and preservation of historical documentation, including developing cutting-edge digital preservation methodologies.
- Enable the Fund's transparency policy by providing access to archival materials as they become open to the public.
The IMF is renowned for providing its staff with interesting and challenging work, a friendly and diverse culture, and superior job benefits. Work in library and archives and records management offers all of this and more:
- Promote a culture of respect, openness, and transparency
- Support ongoing development to provide staff with challenging growth opportunities
- Complement staff's functional expertise with equally strong interpersonal, communication and other non-technical skills
- Measuring our performance in terms of outcomes, outputs and user satisfaction.
- Come from diverse backgrounds
- Are self-motivated, performance-driven
- Believe in "staying in school" to maintain and expand skills to rise to new challenges
- Want to be part of a dedicated team of top-notch professionals providing quality information services to the world's central organization for international monetary cooperation