Research Assistants (Economics)
As an IMF Research Assistant, you will use your quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; knowledge of technology, information systems, and the web; as well as your research abilities to work with more senior colleagues and support the operational work of the Fund. During your assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Research, collect and compile information
- Maintain and update quantitative and qualitative economic, financial, or statistical databases
- Process, consolidate, and transform data sets within and between databases using statistical and/or econometric techniques
- Evaluate economic, financial or statistical relationships in databases
- Analyze economic time series data
- Design systems to facilitate interfaces or to transfer data between external and in-house databases
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, or computer science.
- Two years of relevant work experience in a similar capacity
- Proficiency in software applications is required, e.g., Excel and/or econometrics packages such as TSP, Eviews, AREMOS, SAS, RATS, together with a knowledge of statistical and econometrics techniques and macroeconomic relationships.
- Graphics presentation skills
We fill Research Assistant vacancies on a rotational basis through individual contractual appointments (initially up to 12 months in duration). Only candidates physically residing in the local Washington, D.C. area are eligible to apply.
We also have a Research Assistant Program eligible for international recruitment for which the qualifications requirements are different.