Oya Celasun is Assistant Director in the European Department and leads the surveillance of the German economy. She was previously chief of the World Economic Studies and Multilateral Surveillance Divisions of the IMF’s Research Department (during 2015-19 and 2020-21, respectively), the IMF’s Mission Chief for Uruguay (2013-14), and Economist and Deputy Chief on the United States and Canada desks (2008-12). She has published numerous academic and policy papers on public debt sustainability, sovereign risk and corporate debt, inflation in emerging market economies, and the costs of unpredictable aid flows in low-income countries.
- Supply Disruptions Add to Inflation, Undermine Recovery in Europe
- What COVID-19 Can Teach Us About Mitigating Climate Change
- The Crisis is Not Over, Keep Spending (Wisely)
- 5 Charts That Explain the Global Economy in 2018
- The Year in Review: Global Economy in 5 Charts
- United States: How Inequality Affects Saving Behavior