Evan Papageorgiou is a Deputy Division Chief in the Global Markets Monitoring & Analysis Division of the IMF’s Monetary and Capital Markets Department. He is an author to the Global Financial Stability Report on issues relating to emerging markets, sovereign credit risk, fixed income markets, and sustainable finance. Previously he was in the Nordic Unit of the European Department of the IMF where he wrote about macroprudential policies, household savings and external sector issues. Prior to joining the IMF, Evan was a sell-side fixed income strategist in New York and London focusing on emerging market local rates and FX. He holds a Ph.D. in Operations Research and Financial Engineering from Princeton University.
- Crypto Boom Poses New Challenges to Financial Stability
- Connecting the Dots Between Sustainable Finance and Financial Stability
- Bad Debt in Emerging Markets: Still Early Days
- Portfolio Investment in Emerging Markets: More Than Just Ebb and Flow
- A Mirage, Not An Oasis: Easy Money and Financial Markets