Monetary Policy in the New Normal: Opening Remarks and Session 1
Session 1: Can (or should) central banks remain fully independent despite a wider mandate and considerable fiscal pressure?
- Welcome by Jose Vinals, Financial Counsellor and Director of the IMF's Monetary and Capital Markets Department
- Opening Remarks: Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, IMF
- Introduction: Jaime Caruana, Bank for International Settlements
- John Taylor, Stanford University
- Takatoshi Ito, University of Tokyo
- Charles Calomiris, Columbia University