Antonio Spilimbergo received his Ph.D. in economics from M.I.T. Since 1997 he has worked at the IMF where he is currently Deputy Director in the Research Department. He has been mission chief for Brazil, Italy, Slovenia, Russia, and Turkey. He is a Research Fellow at CEPR and CreAm. He co-edited the books “Brazil: Boom, Burst, and the Road to Recovery” and “Getting Back on Track: Growth, Employment, and Rebalancing in Europe,” and has published in leading academic journals, including American Economic Review, Review of Economic Studies, Journal of International Economics, Review of Economics and Statistic, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics.
- Pandemic’s E-commerce Surge Proves Less Persistent, More Varied
- Median Inflation Gauge Offers Better Read on Price Trends
- What COVID-19 Can Teach Us About Mitigating Climate Change
- Economic Policies for the COVID-19 War
- Trade’s Impact on Brazil’s Industries