Macro Research for Development: An IMF-DFID Collaboration
Last Updated: August 05, 2013
Call for Papers
The IMF is organizing a conference on "Macroeconomic challenges facing low-income countries" with the UK Department for International Development. Call for paper proposals closed February 1, 2013.
- Mihaela Pintea presents,"Human Capital, Public Infrastructure and Structural Transformation" at the CSAE 2013 conference
- Frontier Asia: Economic Transformation and Inclusive Growth, Bangkok, Thailand January 27-28, 2013
- Financial Deepening, Macro-Stability, and Growth in Developing Countries, Washington DC, September 24, 2012
- Diversification and Structural Transformation for Growth and Stability in Low-Income Countries
- International Conference on Monetary Policy Frameworks in Developing Countries: Practice and Challenges. July 19-20, 2012.
- DFID has a complementary project ‘Growth Research News' on micro-oriented research on investment-growth linkages
- The paper by Buffie et al. (2012) was presented in:
- the African Economic Conference 2012, held in Kigali (Rwanda) from October 30th to November 2nd
- the International Growth Centre workshop on fiscal and monetary policy organized by the London School of Economics and held in London (UK) on November 2–3, 2012
- A course on the Buffie et al. model and country applications was offered to Fund staff on February 25-26, in collaboration with the IMF Institute for Capacity Development
- Giovanni Melina will present "A model-based Debt Sustainability Framework for Resource-Rich Low-Income Countries" (jointly written with Andrew Berg, Shu-Chun S. Yang and Luis-Felipe Zanna) at the 2013 CSAE conference, Oxford
- Giovanni Melina presents "Debt Sustainability, Investment, and Natural Resource in Developing Countries" (jointly written with Susan Yang and Felipe Zanna) at the 2013 CSAE conference, Oxford.
- Program of Seminars: Good Management of Natural Resources: Lessons and Opportunities for Low-Income Countries
- Kinshasa Conference, a High Level Conference, was co-hosted by Democratic Republic of Congo and the IMF on March 21-11, 2012 on the Management of Natural Resources in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Andrew Berg gave a presentation on ‘the Macroeconomic Management of External Resources' at the NBER Africa Conference, Zanzibar in December, 2012
- Good Management of Natural Resources: Lessons and Opportunities for Low-Income Countries, October 10, 2012
- Adrian Peralta will present a paper at the 2013 CSAE conference, Oxford. In the paper, Adrian will discuss on how to develop a dynamic general equilibrium framework to study interconnections between macroeconomic policy, performance, and the distribution of income in low income countries (LICS). Low income economies are characterized by a large agricultural sector and lack of sectoral reallocation. These features bring about interesting tradeoffs to policy analysis. Government expenditure may have the largest impact on GDP when applied to sectors with high productivity, but it may also result in increased inequality due to reallocation costs.
- Conference on Financial Deepening, Macro-Stability, and Growth in Developing Countries. Organized by Era Dabla-Norris (IMF), Kenichi Ueda (IMF/CFSP), and Martin Cihak (World Bank/IMF). September 24, 2012. IMF, Washington, DC.
- Conference on Diversification and Structural Transformation for Growth and Stability in Low-Income Countries, February 21, 2013. IMF, Washington, DC.
- IMF-JICA Conference (Bangkok, Thailand; January 27-28) "Frontier Asia: Economic Transformation and Inclusive Growth"