IMF Seminars, Conferences and Workshops
IMF Background Note for the UN MDG Summit
Reaching the MDGs: Macroeconomic Prospects and Challenges in Low-Income Countries
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Please RSVP by September 15th to email@example.com or call 202-623-6560.
The crisis has set back progress toward the MDGs. To regain momentum, a broad range of policy actions will be required. Above all, it is vital that strong and sustained global economic growth be restored.
The IMF is publishing a background paper ahead of the MDG summit that focuses on the following topics:
How to secure a strong and sustainable growth?
How to expand trade for the poorest countries?
How to scale up investment for growth?
How to build resilience to shocks?
- When: Thursday, September 16, 2010, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: International Monetary Fund
- Address: 1900 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington DC, 20431
- Room: HQ2 Building - Conference Hall 2
- RSVP: Please RSVP by September 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-623-6560.
John Lipsky, First Deputy Managing Director, IMF
"Reaching the Millennium Development Goals—Macroeconomic Prospects and Challenges in Low-Income Countries"
- George Ayittey, President, Free Africa Foundation
- Nancy Birdsall, President, Center for Global Development
- Hugh Bredenkamp, Deputy Director, Strategy, Policy, and Review Department, IMF
- Mark Plant , Deputy Director, Africa Department, IMF
- Caroline Atkinson, Director, External Relations Department