A Tax Reform Succeeds in Colombia
In 2014, the oil price shock hit Colombia’s economy hard. The government, with the IMF, implemented a successful tax reform plan helping raise revenues and stabilize the economy. Colombia’s Finance Minister and Central Bank Manager share their story.
- Mauricio Cardenas, Minister of Finance
- Andres Escobar, Deputy Minister of Finance
- Andres Velasco, General Director Macroeconomic Policy
- Hernando Vargas, Manager Central Bank of Colombia
- Ana Maiguashca, Member Board of Directors Central Bank of Colombia
- Ricardo Avila, Editor-in-Chief Portafolio