Haiti: Debt Statistics and IMF support
January 27, 2010
- Haiti's PRGF program was automatically converted to an ECF arrangement when new IMF low income country facilities became effective on January 7, 2010.
- Proposed augmentation (January 2010) is SDR 65.5 million (US$100 million), or 80 percent of Haiti's IMF quota.
- Principal repayments would start after 5 1/2 years, with a 10-year maturity.
- Interest rate on outstanding loans is zero until 2012.
- Haiti makes virtually no payments to IMF until 2013 (see table below).
The multimedia content on this page cannot be printed.
|External debt (US$ mn)||1,885||1,247|
|% Exports G & S||226.3||133.7|
|External debt service (% exports g & s)||8.2||3.9|
|Multilateral debt (US$ mn)||1,435||677|
|Bilateral debt (US$ mn)||388||507|
|Source: Haitian authorities.|
|Total debt relief||1,238|
|1/ Haiti does not have any MDRI eligible debt due to the IMF.|
|Source: World Bank and IMF.|
|IMF credit outstanding (US$ mn)2||104.8||165.6||282.3||282.1||281.0||268.4||242.6|
|In % of quota||80.9||131.0||216.3||216.3||215.4||205.7||186.1|
|IMF Total obligations (US$ mn) 2/||0.30||0.41||0.05||0.05||1.61||13.33||25.97|
|In % exports G & S||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.2||1.6||3.0|
|In % of government revenues||0.0||0.1||0.0||0.0||0.2||1.6||2.8|
|In % of quota||0.2||0.3||0.0||0.0||1.2||10.2||19.9|
|2/ Includes augmentation of SDR 65.5 million; obligations based on existing and prospective credit.|