Organized by IMF, Co-organized by Ministry of Finance & Bank of Japan
IMF Essay Contest 2012
Last Updated: January 17, 2013
Announcing the IMF 2012 Essay Contest Winners
We are delighted to announce the winners and the finalists of this contest.
Please visit the announcement page here.
Congratulations to the Winners!
Ahead of the IMF World Bank Annual Meetings in October, the IMF is holding an Essay Contest for Japanese University Graduate and Undergraduate Students.
The Two Winners will participate in a "Youth Dialogue" during the October 2012 IMF-World Bank Annual Meetings in Tokyo.
The Winners will also be invited to the 2013 World Bank IMF Spring Meetings, which will be held in Washington, D.C., in April 2013.
Youth Perspectives on the Global Economy and the Role of the IMF
- Entrant must be an Undergraduate or Graduate student from a Japanese University;
- Currently residing in Japan and has a Japanese Nationality;
- Winner should be available to participate in the Youth Dialogue panel discussion during the IMF World Bank Annual Meetings on October 9, 2012;
- One entry per student
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Email an English language essay of up to 500 words as an attachment file to:
- Type “IMF Essay Contest Entry” in the Subject line
Date: Monday, June 25 from 14:00 to 16:00
Topic: Global Economy and the Role of the IMF
Venue: Room A, 4F, Iino Hall & Conference Center; 2-1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho, Chiyoda-ku (http://www.iino.co.jp/hall)
Register: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 21st, with the Subject line: “Registration for IMF Seminar”
Announcement of the Finalists
Finalists must participate in a Roundtable Discussion in English, which will be organized in early September by the IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, the Ministry of Finance, and the Bank of Japan. Two Winners will be selected as the panelists for the Youth Dialogue.
- Finalists (6-8)
- Will receive certificates. Their essays will be posted on the websites of the IMF, IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, the Ministry of Finance, and the Bank of Japan.
- Will be invited to the events such as CSO Forum during the IMF World Bank Annual Meetings in October.
- Winners (2)
- Will participate in Youth Dialogue as panelists on October 9, 2012 during the IMF World Bank Annual Meetings.
- Will be invited to the 2013 World Bank IMF Spring Meetings that will be held in Washington, DC in April 2013. (Travel, accommodation, and per diem will be covered by the IMF.)
IMF Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Essay Contest Secretariat