The World Economic Outlook (WEO) database contains selected
macroeconomic data series from the statistical appendix of the
World Economic Outlook report, which presents the IMF staff's
analysis and projections of economic developments at the global level, in
major country groups and in many individual countries. The WEO is
released in April and September/October each year.
Use this database to find data on national accounts, inflation,
unemployment rates, balance of payments, fiscal indicators, trade for
countries and country groups (aggregates), and
commodity prices whose data are reported by the IMF.
Data are available from 1980 to the present, and projections are
given for the next two years. Additionally, medium-term projections
are available for selected indicators. For some countries, data are
incomplete or unavailable for certain years.
World Economic Outlook on Google Public Data Explorer offers select indicators from the latest online WEO database, such as GDP growth and inflation.
Changes to the April 2011 Database
- On January 1, 2011, Estonia became the 17th country to join the euro area. Data for Estonia are not included in the euro area aggregates because the database has not yet been converted to Euros but are included in data aggregated for advanced economies.
- Investment, gross national savings, general government structural balance, export volume of goods are services, export volume of goods, import volume of goods and services, import volume of goods, and the value of exports and imports of oil, where available, are now published for all countries.
- The country group composites for fiscal data are calculated as the sum of the U.S dollar values for the relevant individual countries. This differs from the calculations in the October 2010 and earlier issues of the World Economic Outlook, for which the composites were weighted by GDP valued at purchasing power parities (PPPs) as a share of total world GDP.
- Starting with the April 2011 World Economic Outlook, the data for Tuvalu are included in the emerging and developing economy aggregates.
- WEO aggregated data excludes Libya for projection years due to the uncertain political situation.
- Except for GDP growth and inflation, projections for Côte d'Ivoire are not shown due to the uncertain political situation.