Write to Us
Want to know more about research at the IMF or have suggestions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fifteenth Jacques Polak Annual Research Conference: "Cross-Border Spillovers"
November 13–14, 2014
The International Monetary Fund will hold the Fifteenth Jacques Polak Annual Research Conference at its headquarters in Washington DC on November 13–14, 2014. The conference is intended to provide a forum for discussing innovative research in economics and to facilitate the exchange of views among researchers and policymakers.
The theme of this year’s conference is "Cross-Border Spillovers." The Program Committee welcomes empirical and theoretical studies on a wide range of issues related to cross-border spillovers. Possible topics include (without being exclusive):
- Measurement of cross-border spillovers
- Channels and propagation of cross-border spillovers
- Real and financial spillovers
- Role of trade in transmitting spillovers
- Role of commodities in transmitting spillovers
- Role of banks/financial intermediaries in transmitting spillovers
- Financial cycles/crises and cross-border spillovers
- Spillovers associated with fiscal, monetary, and structural policies
- Spillovers, contagion, and capital flows
- Policy frameworks and design to dampen adverse spillovers
- Capital flow management and macroprudential policies to mitigate spillovers
- International coordination of policies
Interested contributors should submit a draft paper or a two-page proposal by June 13, 2014 (e-mail to ARC@imf.org). Please use the contact author’s name as the name of the file. The Program Committee will evaluate all proposals in terms of originality, analytical rigor, and policy relevance and will contact the authors whose papers have been selected by June 30, 2014. A 15-page work-in-progress draft will be required by August 15, 2014. Further information on the conference program will be posted on the IMF website (www.imf.org).
Conference Program Committee: Esteban R. Vesperoni (IMF, Conference Chair), Rabah Arezki (IMF), Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas (Editor of the IMF Economic Review, University of California at Berkeley), M. Ayhan Kose (IMF), Luc Laeven (IMF), Rui C. Mano (IMF), Camelia Minoui (IMF), and Sweta Saxena (IMF).
Conference Coordinator: Tracey Lookadoo