Seminar: Building Future Capacity: Drawing on Fifty Years of Experience
The year 2014 marks fifty years since the start of the IMF’s provision of technical assistance and training to its members. This seminar provides an ideal opportunity to take stock of member countries’ capacity-building efforts.
- Moderator: Carlo Cottarelli, Commissioner for Public Spending Reform Republic of Italy
- Akira Ariyoshi, Professor Graduate School of Economics Hitotsubashi University
- Maria Kiwanuka, Minister of Finance Uganda
- Mark Lowcock, Permanent Secretary for the UK Department for International Development (DfID)
- Murilo Portugal, President of the Brazilian Federation of Banks (FEBRABAN)
- Atiur Rahman, Governor of Bangladesh Bank