Dominant Currencies and the Limit of Exchange Rate Flexibility
IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath discusses new research on how dominant currencies limit the impact of exchange rate flexibility with the ECB’s Philip Lane, BIS’ Hyun Shin, and the BRC’s Ana Fernanda Maiguashca.
- Gita Gopinath, Chief Economist IMF
- Philip Lane, Executive Board Member ECB
- Ana Fernanda Maiguashca, Member of Directors Banco de la Republica de Colombia
- Hyun Shin, Heads of Research BIS
- Soumaya Keynes, Trade and Globalization Editor The Economist